Building onto my boundry wall ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live on the corner house the next one around the corner has allegedly purchased a strip of land from the council from the grassed area, as picture.he is now building a wall around it and this will come upto my boundry wall over my internal boundry.my internal garden boundry is around two full bricks in from the wooden door.Can he build onto my external boundry wall without asking ?.
Three long dashes on drawing his original boundry
Six short dashes where he moved it to with bushes
Solid double line where his wall will be as in photo.
Do I need to seek surveyor assistance ?.

Sponsored Links
If it's OP's boundary wall, neighbour can't build on to it without permission.

Apologies - poor/insufficient explanation on my part.

What I meant was that the OP cannot stop his neighbour from building onto his wall "just because". He has the right to insist that it's done properly, and to appoint a surveyor at the other parties expense, but he cannot, ulimately, put a stop to it.

Sponsored Links
Apologies - poor/insufficient explanation on my part.

What I meant was that the OP cannot stop his neighbour from building onto his wall "just because". He has the right to insist that it's done properly, and to appoint a surveyor at the other parties expense, but he cannot, ulimately, put a stop to it.
Yes he can - if it's his wall. And it's unlikely to be a party wall - given that it previously backed onto a council verge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back