new garage build.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone,

i am in the thought of building a new garage in the spring/summer. i already have 3 garages at the end of my garden garage 1 is 3mtr wide x 9mtrs long, garage 2 is 3mtrs wide x 6.1mtrs long and i have a sectional garage that is 4.2 mtrs wide x 6mtrs long i want to build another brick garage to replace the sectional garage and so it matches my other two brick garages. i am planning on a soild wall construction 215mm thick and i have just been outside with a tape mesure and i can fit a building 4.1mtrs wide x 9.25mtrs long. as this is over the 30m2 size i am wondering if when i take away the thickness of the walls at both ends and the thickness of the walls at each side and the internal wall at 215mm will i have to have planning permisson ?? or is it the internal floor m2 you mesure ???

it will have a pitched roof under 4mtrs high but it will be around 60cm from my neighbours fence (but it is my boundry)

any helpers ????

many thanks :) :D

Sponsored Links
any more help ??? i thought that you can have more than 1 building under 30m2 just as long as the buildings dont cover more than half of your garden ????

any help :)

Sponsored Links
i cant see anything about the max m2 for outbuilding on the site ??

any helpers :

thanks
kevin :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back