Boiler flue that doesn't need inspection hatch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm doing a renovation of my flat, which involves replacing an old regular boiler by a combi to save space.

My flat has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. My builder recommended Vaillant ecoTec Pro 24, which seems to be a good choice. The new combi boiler is to be placed in a utility cupboard in the hallway, and the flue will run across the false ceiling in the bedroom to reach the external wall. Inspection hatch will be needed.

Today my builder told me if I don't like the inspection hatch, he can use another boiler called Keston 30 Combination, which has two flues (one for fresh air, one for exhaust) but does not require inspection hatch.

For me, while an inspection hatch is not very beautiful, I can accept it. I doubt whether my builder's claim that 'Keston 30 Combination does not require inspection hatches' is valid. I checked Keston website but didn't find any documentation saying its two-flue boilers do not need inspection hatches. Besides, I never heard about 'Keston' boilers before and I personally prefer big brands.

I'm more inclined to stick to the original plan: Vaillant boiler + inspection hatch. What do you think? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

thanks
Patrick

Sponsored Links
all flues need inspection hatches if concealed, even the devils work that is Keston boilers

This isn't a job for a builder.....

It might be tricky to get a large enough gas supply for a combi depending on the existing run

Sponsored Links
Modern Keston boilers are rebadged Ideal Logics with an adapter to twin flue and an inexplicably enormous price tag.

Don't let your builder specify your boiler, every man to their own trade. You need a heating engineer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back