Boiler Flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2-3 year old combi boiler called a Procombi HE, the vapour from the flue is going across my neighbours property and they have complained is it possible to purchase a flue that could take the vapours upward by about 3-5 metres.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I doubt that you can extend the flue with a plume diverter kit for as long as that, it could well compromise the working of your boiler. This is certainly not a diy job.
A better solution than such a length would be a shorter one with a directed outlet pointing away from the neighbours.

Provided the boiler has been installed in accordance with manufacturers instructions regarding flue outlet and distance from opposite walls etc, there is no obligation on the OP to stop the exhaust going over the neighbours fence. It's just a case of being good neighbours.

I doubt that you can extend the flue with a plume diverter kit for as long as that, it could well compromise the working of your boiler.
Depends on which boiler, but can be between 2.85 and 8.8 metres. Using an 80/125 flue and you can go up to 25m. See Pro-combi literature

This is certainly not a diy job.
Seconded

Thats an interesting new cheap boiler that I have not encountered to repair before. Looks very straightflorward though with Grunfoss pump and SIT 845 gas valve. So we will have pump, gas valve and probably the fan as well in stock if ever I am called to one!

Nothing in the MI about the length of plume diverter permitted.

I also agree that most boilers of this style only allow about 2m of additional diverter length. The additional flow resistance of the recouperator mean the fan is already working hard.

This will depend on the length of the existing flue from boiler to terminal.

Tony

I doubt that you can extend the flue with a plume diverter kit for as long as that, it could well compromise the working of your boiler.
Depends on which boiler, but can be between 2.85 and 8.8 metres. Using an 80/125 flue and you can go up to 25m.
I don't install baxi's nor do I intend to change that, so I have not looked into their specifications, but somehow I doubt that you can use a 25 metre plume diverter on them.
The maximum flue length minus the existing flue length is not necessarily the size of the diverter you can use either.

I doubt that you can extend the flue with a plume diverter kit for as long as that, it could well compromise the working of your boiler. This is certainly not a diy job.
A better solution than such a length would be a shorter one with a directed outlet pointing away from the neighbours.
Agree it's not a diy job. The literature for these boilers via the link indicate up to 5 or so metres vertical is allowed.
As for pointing the flue away from the neighbours, the neighbours concerned sound a right unpleasant bunch (the op originally posted in the building regs forum and this is where I get this impression from) and I doubt that this will suffice.

looks like re-branded Vokeras. Probably the info and flues will be identical. better info on vokera site.

Whilst I appreciate that as you dont work on boilers you can be easily confused, you have chosen a DIFFERENT model of boiler than the OP has fitted.

Your MI refers to the Band A premix model.
Both Band A and Band B models are called Procombi HE, so it's not clear which one the OP has. In any case the table on page 6 gives flue lengths for both bands and I was careful to cover both bands in my post.

the band a is a unica with compact front!!!!

the band b is a compact!!

anybody got a price?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back