Boiler flue

20 Nov 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom
hi all
I have recently been told by a boiler engineer that my boiler flue is too close to my openable window. He advised getting some sort of extension pipe fitted to the existing flue that goes upward and then outward in a sort of s shape. What would I need to buy to do this? Would a standard flue kit work?
Note: I am not fitting a new flue to the boiler, just hoping to add some pipe to the end of the existing flue to extend it. Is this possible?

Sponsored Links
It is a Baxi combi 105 boiler. Of course, I do not intend on tampering with the existing installation,I just wanted to know if there's a way of adding some sort of extension.
Sponsored Links
As said, flue kit is not available, just live with it as its been there over 12 years or more. If products of combustion are entering the window, that's something that can be addressed, ......close the window.
It is around 150mm ish from the window I think. I can't measure it right now as I'm not at home but it's definitely under 300mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links