Boiler Flue confusion !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I have a problem with a boiler.

I have a Glow worm Hot water 100 Express which is sited on an external wall with a horizontal flue. I am building an extension on the side of the house where the boiler flue is and so need to extend the flue through the extension an out of the new external wall.
The problem I have is that a flue extension kit is not available.
When I have asked whether another type of flue will fit I have been told that it wont. The question I have is why ? I have took the cover off over the flue and it would appear that there is a 60mm flexible pipe held to the fan housing with a jubilee clip. This then runs through a 100mm pipe.
Can a different flue be adapted to connect to the flexible pipe, or can it simply be extended with a length of 60mm pipe and a length of 100mm on the outer.
I really don't want to buy a new boiler for the sake of two simple pipes !!
Many thanks. Simon.

Sponsored Links
Sorry can't be done. In any case most of these boilers have been consigned to the scrap heap, have you considered investing in a new one?

Only the flue specified by the manufacturer must be used; everything else is dangerous and illegal.
Tinkering with flues can lead to boiler malfunctioning, incomplete combustion producing heaps of carbon monoxide, flue gasses leaking into the house to name but a few.

Sponsored Links
not even listed on GW's discontinued boilers so unless you have the original MI's it will be almost impossible to source anything for this boiler

Sorry :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back