Boiler help needed, I think I'm being taken for a ride :(

Unfortunately I was already at work this morning when the engineer arrived and according to my good lady he didn't like being watched. He was also extremely upset by being asked to see his Gas Safe card although he did show it to her. She never left the room as we seriously did not believe the last engineer or trust him after the power flush / water quality statement.

Parts changed: Electrode, Electrode lead, ZIG ignighter and G10 gasket (heat exchanger door seal). Let's see if that fixes the ignition issue.

He was going to leave without taking a water sample but my good lady had her instructions and made him take a sample but it was only for us, he never took one with him. He has declared the water as following:

'Clarity is good but debris present' he did say that this would not change anything with regards to the previous engineers report concerning the requirement for a power flush, which means that Glow Worm will not send another engineer out until we've had it power flushed...who cares I don't want them in my house again anyway....ever!

His water sample was significantly clearer with almost no debris present but either he didn't have the b^^||s or was told not to, go against the previous findings.

How bad does water look with 200ppm of debris in suspension?

Sponsored Links
Well done to the wife!

Nice to see that our advice is being heeded.

And I expect that you will also feel that it is good advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back