Boiler help please!

Dan_Robinson";p="3122617 said:
Yawn.

Actually I, and I am sure several others here have a good idea what the problem might be.

But, you pratt, your tenant has already reset the POS boiler as you have disclosed in your opening post. :rolleyes:

Now sort your tenant out and pay a professional in order that you uphold your contract with your paying tenant and give the poor sod some heating and hot water back.

Now run along, there's a good boy;).

How do you know what contract I have drawn up with my tenant? For all you know I might not even be responsible.

Sponsored Links
Why the **** would I call a professional when it could just be a simple reset job? If I didn't care then I wouldn't be looking for an answer would I. Dan I think you need to get a life mate, 25k posts , that's over 10 a day, easy done though I guess if your just trolling people on here instead of actually helping people.
Boiler is regularly serviced as is all electrical appliances and I am a very good landlord, I wouldn't have tenants in the same accommodation for over 8 years if I "didn't care"

I registered on here for help but your all just a set of **** losers who have nothing better to do than sit on here all day and night.
If you don't know the answer simply don't comment.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So your tenant phones you with no heating or hot water, and instead of phoning a boiler man or your regular service guy, which would have taken all of one minute, you wait to get home and try and get free advice, leaving your tenant without hot water for another day?

So who's the C**t?

You had perfectly sound advice... you chose not to like it and got an attitude.

Why the **** would I call a professional when it could just be a simple reset job

I would say the burner is at fault but I can see no way to restart it other than the reset switch on the front. I have tried this and the overheat lockout button underneath with no success.

You might not be a c**t, but you sure are a dumbass.

No I used my mobile phone to come on here. The house was given with heating and hot water, repairs of boilers isn't mandatory. You a solicitor as well as a know it all "plumber." Probably have more work on here than you do in real life. ****ing sad prick. End of discussion. Don't even reply. Your a prick, you talk like a prick and you look like a complete and utter ******.

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Calm down dear - it's only a forum.

Have you got their boiler fixed yet?

Anyone else here ever had a landlord force their tenants to be liable for boiler repairs?

No?

Thought not?

:LOL: :LOL:

I think the problem is that most of us that are in the heating trade have had some very very bad experiences with Landlords and their letting agents.

You can make the tenant responsible for servicing costs and some of the farms we look after have normal lettings for ther cottages and the tenants know they have to pay themselves.

An example of a Landlord job; years ago, a Chinese chap bought a new build to operate as a buy to let. He then realised he'd need a Safety Cert and called us in to do it. When we arrived, the boiler didn't work so it failed. The owner had supplied keys and the house had never been occupied.

He blamed us for breaking it and even wanted Court action. A sane person would have gone back to the housebuilder (it was on a huge new estate) and just requested a site visit, but he didn't trust them either.

So it is not fair to tar every landlord with the same brush; but I can tell you we stopped working for Landlords years ago, I can do without the grief. Statistically, they are big trouble.

Dan is right about the Halstead too - scrap it as soon as you can afford to. Even Halstead have decided not to make any more boilers.

I went to someone who had bought a house with a gas boiler but no gas supply!

The builders had gone bust and these agents bought the terrace and finished the gardens and sold them without checking that the boilers worked.

It should be obvious they would not work without a gas supply when they were a gas boiler.

The buyer tried to sue his solicitor but surprisingly did not get anywhere with that. Had to shell out about £2k for each house to have a new gas supply.

Tony

I went to someone who had bought a house with a gas boiler but no gas supply!

The builders had gone bust and these agents bought the terrace and finished the gardens and sold them without checking that the boilers worked.

It should be obvious they would not work without a gas supply when they were a gas boiler.

The buyer tried to sue his solicitor but surprisingly did not get anywhere with that. Had to shell out about £2k for each house to have a new gas supply.

Tony

You on the ale Tony or am i missing something?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back