Boiler & Hot constant noise since plumber visit

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I could urgently do with some help. We had a plumber out to replace an overflow cylinder connected to our tank in the hot press as it was full of water and to replace the 3 zone controls for our heating and hot water.

The pressure on our Potterton boiler shot up from 1.8 to over 3 after he was done. There's been a noise from the hot press all night, we've been awake because of it. It's only just stopped The combi boiler is pressure is about 3.3 and making strange noises and almost flooded around the side of the house. through the overflow valve.

When I tried turning on and off the heating briefly there was a loud thump from the boiler the pressure dropped to 2 then shot back up. We had no such issues before his visit.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Yes call him back ,also check the boilers filling loop has he left it on ,sounds like it keeps filling and the boiler PRV is opening
causing the water to come out of the pipe .

Thanks guys. It loops like the filling loop was left on.

I've closed it and the pressure has dropped back to about 2.8.

It's still on the high side so will it drop back itself or should I bleed some water from the rads?

Sponsored Links
There is a good chance that the PRV will not have reseated properly and will drip causing constant pressure loss. The pressure should be around 1-1.5 bar when the system is cold. Get him back to set the pressure right and check the PRV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back