Boiler Ideal Icos ( model HE12 ) not working for CH or HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

Our Ideal Icos boiler ( which is in a cupboard in the kitchen ) has stopped working with no pre warning.

It looks like it has no life at all? No fault lights appear, I have checked the fuse and this seems ok. We are able to get HW from the emersion heater from the boiler upstairs.

I have read through some forums and it seems the problem may lie with the PCB board ( which I believe seems to go quite alot on these models ) is it a case of buying a new PCB board for this model and just attaching the existing wires connecting into the original PCB board into the new PCB board?

Do you think this is correct diagnosis?

I can see it costs a large amount to get someone out to do this?

Many thanks for advice in advance. :p

Sponsored Links
Do you think this is correct diagnosis?

I can see it costs a large amount to get someone out to do this?

Many thanks for advice in advance. :p

I'd ask if you think a 'poke and hope' self fix based on assumption is going to work out cheaper than employing the correct skilled boiler repair person, who will fix and warranty work.
What if it's not the PCB ?
Are you gas safe ?
Do you have suitable skills ?

I'd suggest you post this over on the plumbing / boiler section- there more likely to help you nail down the boiler fault than us sparks.

The hot water upstairs boiler is a HW storage tank and would I be right in thinking that you're using the immersion element because the boiler isn't ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back