ideal classic he12 vs ideal icos he12 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Possibly going to replace my system boiler (not combi).

Shortlisted to 2:-

ideal classic he12 vs ideal icos he12 boiler.

Have chosen these as they fit into a standard kitchen wall cupboard which i need.

the classic seems about £100 cheaper (inc vat).

Anybody got any experiences versus both or any particular reason to go for the more expensive one?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Ideal Classic HE (band B) is based on one of the most reliable boilers of the last 15 years but is not as fuel efficient as a band A appliance. However if you want an Icos type the Worcester 12Ri or Buderus 600/11R is a better deal.

The little extra the classic costs to run will be saved ten fold on the money spent on repairs to the icos... The classic system kit fits on top of the standard boiler so unless you have a seperate pressure vessel elsewhere it will struggle to fit in a cupboard

Sponsored Links
One of the best an most reliable boilers about . Can be bought cheaper as an Optia from plumbcentre exact same boiler just a different badge

Changing to any combi might be a negative. Just look at the tales of woe on this site. Can't all be down to installation error.

gas4you said:
Isars are even more unreliable than an Icos :eek:

out of interest..... in what way is the ICOS model unreliable ? My potential installer says that the old M series ICOS were not that good but that the newer HE model is fine.

Thanks.

Ask him if he does repairs - most installers just install and never realise the crap the've lumbered their customers with. If installers really new about the reliability the likes of Ideal, Baxi, Saunier Duvall and others would be history. At trade shows even Ideals salesman admit their boilers are garbage :eek:

Us that just do repairs know the real story behind the bulls**t sales and marketing crap. Ideal "Aerospace & Automotive Specification" and "Outstanding Across The Range", I beg to differ unless they mean Lada quality. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back