Ideal Icos HE12 bubbling and banging loudly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm having a problem with my Icos HE12 boiler, it bubbles and bangs quite loudly and I'm afraid to use it. It does heat up the central heating and hot water but the bubbling and banging is really concerning me. SWALEC don't want to know, they don't cover the Ideal range of boilers as I found out today when the SWALEC engineer came to service it! (why don't they tell you these things before they take your money???!!!). I have tried bleeding the radiators and some air was bled out but this hasn't solved the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Sounds like poor circulation,check the pump,are all the rads in use,or have some been shut off,have all rads got TRVs on?

All x7 rads are in use - x4 downstairs without TRV's, x2 upstairs with TRV's and x1 upstairs without a TRV. I shut the bedroom TRV off frequently at night to keep the bedroom cool, only turning it on now and again during the day to take away the chill in that room. The green LED on the Grundfoss Alpha + pump in the airing cupboard is on and it sounds like it's working ok, but it does feel hot to the touch. Is this normal? The entire system is about 4 years old

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back