Boiler Ideal ICOS HE12

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Daughter has a Ideal ICOS HE12 with the display no longer working. The display has been checked out and ok, also the PCB fuse has been replaced.

I believe that the PCB itself may be faulty or is there anything else to look for.

Sponsored Links
Whilst you say the display pcb has been checked, I would never assume thats has been done properly.

Of course the first requirement is a mains supply to the boiler!

One of the most common causes of display failure is the AAV leaking and causing dirty water to fall onto the back to back connector behind it and eleytrolytic action disolving the copper tracks.

In many cases the main PCB also fails as the supply rails are not protected against overloads.

Tony

I usually check the top front left hand side connector (4 pin plug 3 wires) between live and neut.240v going in,but no display,or actions from boiler means pcb shot.

Sponsored Links
I have passed on your response to my Daughter who unfortunately lives too far for me to attend the problem. Tks again

,but no display,or actions from boiler means pcb shot.

The first cause of no display is no mains supply!

The second cause if there is a mains supply is a faulty display board or a faulty main PCB.

Tony

Yes that was what i was trying to say,if there is 240v on the main feed into the pcb,and there is still no display,or any sign of life at the boiler,the main pcb is the culprit.

Hi could well be the link on the display panel . There is a small screw underneath the display panel take that out and pull of the front of the display there you will see what looks like a blue piece of plastic Located on the pcb push down gently to make sure its fully home . Cheers Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back