Boiler in bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have just had a Biasi Riva Compact HE 24 combi boiler fitted but I wanted to ask advice on whether it was safe to have this in a bedroom. I am soon to have a baby and want to convert the room that the boiler is in (currently a study) into a bedroom for the baby but am very concerned as to whether this is safe. The CORGI guy who is fitting it assures me that because it is room sealed it is not an issue, but Googling 'boiler in bedroom' seems to suggest that most people wouldn't take this risk regardless of whether it is deemed safe. Basically, I'd like to know whether a CORGI person would put their own newborn baby in a bedroom with this boiler?? Any advice hugely appreciated!

Many thanks,
Ali

Sponsored Links
Providing its correctly fitted then its perfectly safe.

Hopefully the installer has notified CORGI who have sent you a blue certificate?

Its not recommended to have boilers in bedrooms because of the noise they make but thats the only reason not to have it in a bedroom.

Tony

Thanks Tony!

So, you would do this yourself without worry? What is this blue certificate and why does he need to inform CORGI? Sorry - these are possibly really daft questions but I truly don't know about any of this!

Thanks again,
Ali

All boilers fitted by corgi installers must be notified to corgi and you will get a certificate saying it has been installed to current standards etc.
Nothing up with a properly installed room sealed boiler in bedroom and yes i had one in one of my kids bedrooms perfectly safe

Sponsored Links
I would never fit a boiler in a bedroom in my own houses because of the noise issue. Perfectly safe though!

Its always possible to find somewhere better although it can cost more particularly in a loft.

I always suggest the best place for a replacement boiler but customers usually end up getting them fitted cheaply in a more convenient location by a non CORGI !

Make sure you get the Certificate otherwise you could have problems selling the house!

Are you quite sure he is CORGI registered ??? Have you really checked his number on the CORGI site?

Tony

Its always possible to find somewhere better although it can cost more particularly in a loft.

Can't agree with that comment Tony. I would say it is often possible to find somewhere else, but definately not always.

No problem whatsoever Ali, but for the sake of £30, you could put a CO detector right by it if it makes you and all the other sceptics feel better ;)

I would never fit a boiler in a bedroom in my own houses because of the noise issue.

I have a boiler fitted in the hall next to my bedroom and it makes a right racket when it comes on in the morning! :evil:

I would never fit a boiler in a bedroom in my own houses because of the noise issue. Perfectly safe though!

Tony
Yep we just moved a boiler from a bedroom for this reason the noise in the still of the night will drive you crazy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back