system boiler in bedroom or bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if people could give me their opinions on whether they feel siting a system boiler in a bedroom or a small bathroom in a rental flat would be better? They are the only two options we've got as the flat is in a conservation area so we can't have the flue come out the front of the building.

Both would be in cupboards - locked if it's in the bathroom and you won't be able to reach that cupboard when you are standing in the shower (it's an ensuite.)

The Megaflo tank is in a cupboard in the bedroom anyway (it's a 2 bed 2 bath flat - there is nowhere else the tank will fit), but I'm concerned about renters being put off when they see the boiler in the bedroom, due to potential noise and perceived safety, particularly those who have children that would use that bedroom.

From what I understand it is actually more hazardous to have the boiler in a bathroom rather than in a bedroom, even if it meets all the corgi, Iee & building regs, but most tenants won't know that and will just know the appalling horror stories of people being killed in their sleeps due to negligent landlords and faulty appliances.

So I'd like some more professional opinions. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jay

Sponsored Links
Personally as long as you go for a good make that runs very quiet, eg Vaillant, I would put it above the megaflo in the bedroom cupboard.

I only fit boilers in bathrooms as a complete last resort.

HI

i prefer the boiler in the bathroom.most people cannot sleep when the boiler is running in the bedroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back