boiler in the loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've been asked to install a new boiler in a large detached bungalow

the owners want to move from its existing position in the kitchen into the loft space.
the loft has the most impressive folding loft ladder i've ever seen ( more like a folding stairway) the loft space is fully boarded and has strip and spot lighting. the ridge height is approx 7 feet.

the loft space though does not have a 'gable end ' on which to mount the boiler.

can i fabricate a vertical supporting surface between the joists etc to mount the boiler on? have i missed any other atributes that the loft space must have to be suitable?

Sponsored Links
Yes you can. I have done this myself using 4 x 2 affixed to the trusses.

I then lined the boiler fixing area with plasterboard, so it is mounted on a non-combustible surface.

Just make sure the boiler mounting/hanging plate has its own noggin to be fixed to.

Do ensure you have head hight from top of boiler for the vertical flue (section that drop down below the flashing)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back