boiler in the loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi am in process of buying a bungalow which has the boiler fitted in the loft.

The boiler is fixed to the chimney breast (disused) I would possibly want to remove the chimney from floor right through the roof and was wondering if the boiler"HAD" to be fitted to a brick wall or could something be constructed in its place?

Im sure corgi must have guidelines on this but i really dont know where to look

Thanks in advance
Jon

Sponsored Links
Fixing to timber framed support would be fine providing it is plasterboarded or suitably fire proofed. Plasterboard has an adequate fire rating. Some boilers don't require this but for the sakes of a sheet of plasterboard its not really worth discussing.

HTH Sam :)

Hi am in process of buying a bungalow which has the boiler fitted in the loft.

The boiler is fixed to the chimney breast (disused) I would possibly want to remove the chimney from floor right through the roof and was wondering if the boiler"HAD" to be fitted to a brick wall or could something be constructed in its place?

Im sure corgi must have guidelines on this but i really dont know where to look

Thanks in advance
Jon

If you don`t know the implcations on removing what could be a supporting wall/ structure, I suggest you start looking...never mind boiler relocation ;)

Im fully aware of the implications of removing supporting walls/structure..so no need to start looking anywhere...I was simply enquiring about regs concerning mounting boilers in a loft... ;)

Thanks sambotc thats what i thought would be the case many thanks for YOUR helpful advice.

Sponsored Links
It should not be a very difficult task to find alternative support for the boiler.

What about the boiler flue though?

Tony

Cheers..... :eek:

The flue goes off at slight angle and through the roof above the boiler so this shouldnt pose a problem to the fitter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back