Boiler installation certificate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We had a combi boiler installed about 2 or 3 years ago but due to our naivety we didn't realise that we should have been issued with an installation certificate. Unfortunately we don't have the contact details of the fitter who installed it so we can't get in touch with him. We do have a landlord's gas safety certificate issued by British Gas so we're confident that it's safe but we now want to sell the house and we've just found out that we should've been issued with a certificate when it was installed.

Can anyone tell me what we need to do please? Can we get a certificate after the event or will we need to have a new boiler fitted to get a certificate? Obviously we'd rather not have to go to the expense of having a new boiler fitted if possible. We realise it's our fault and we should've found out what was required at the time but that's the benefit of hindsight as they say!

If anyone can give us some guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Im not sure 100% but i heard you can get it via your local authority building controls, I think they send someone out to inspect, I dont know what they charge.

Hasnt the installer filled in the benchmark,

Thanks jay1,
So are you saying that you think we could get it done retrospectively? I'd rather give the work to a local gas fitter if possible. Do you know of any in the Hatfield or Welwyn Garden City area who might do this?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
If you are being asked by a solicitor or a HIP inspector then many people manage with a gas safety certificate which any RGI can give you.

Its not the same as the correct document but seems to have worked for my customers.

Tony

Ok, thanks for your replies everyone. I'll contact some of the local gas fitters in my area and see what they say.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back