Boiler Installer advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all,

I'm looking to install an new combi boiler in my house and Swale Heating are short listed as our preferred installer. Just wandering if anyone has any experience with them, also does anyone know if they do any new year special offers.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Their reviews are a pretty mixed bag, and even some of their positive reviews aren't actually that encouraging when you read them, left as they are by people who are confusing a job done quickly with a job done well, or a job done cheaply with a job done well.

If you want a genuinely good quality installer then try either https://www.theheatinghub.co.uk/ or https://www.heatgeek.com/find-a-heat-geek/

Last edited:
Their reviews are a pretty mixed bag, and even some of their positive reviews aren't actually that encouraging when you read them, left as they are by people who are confusing a job done quickly with a job done well, or a job done cheaply with a job done well.

If you want a genuinely good quality installer then try either https://www.theheatinghub.co.uk/ or https://www.heatgeek.com/find-a-heat-geek/

While I d not disagree with your general observations, why is the heating hub any different to any other "middle man". The upfront costs to the public are eye watering, and why would "the top 1%" of installers go through an intermediary - especially as THH no doubt get a fee or commission from the installer?

I imagine it works as once committed cash to THH, you will probably feel generally inclined to go with their installers, not being aware that your install cost is (almost certainly) inflated to cover THH's cut.

I could not see any sign of qualifications of any sort for these women, although, TBF, I am not spending an age looking.

Last edited:
38639c2144ac3a24aad9b4f0f8438297 (1).jpg

THH connects customers who want a higher quality installation with installers who have the knowledge and skills to deliver that. Yes, it costs a bit more, because all things which are high quality cost more than things which are low quality. The benefit to the end user is a more efficient system (the average installation only hits 80-83% efficiency instead of the up to 98% efficiency possible with a quality installation) and lower out-of-warranty maintenance costs, as well as additional longevity. The benefit to the installer is that THH provides a central contact point for customers who recognise the difference between a done-in-a-day bodge-it-and-scarper box-slinger and a high quality installer who will set the whole system up for best efficiency.

I'm not sure what formal qualifications they have either, but I do know that ten minutes talking to Jo will convince you she has more knowledge in her little finger than the majority of installers have accumulated throughout their working lives. Yes, some people are put off by THH being run by women, because misogyny, but we're not going to fix that here.

Sponsored Links
It is not misogyny, simply the absurdity of implying that she deals with the top 1% of installers.

Do you take work from them?

Swale spend a lot on advertising, a relation of mine called them out for a repair and rather than swapping a £5 part on the boiler they wanted to replace it...forget them.

While I d not disagree with your general observations, why is the heating hub any different to any other "middle man".

That's a fair question. The Heating hub only refers people to installers that have agreed to work to the highest standards and actually understand modern controls and energy efficient practises as well as system design.

I'm not saying that there no installers that adhere to these best practises that aren't in the HH but you're much more likely to find one there.

Why is it absurd? Yes, I do take enquiries through them

I said that wrongly, i meant that she implies that all of the top 1% operate via TCH.

But now I know you do, assume Razor does, and one has to expect that Telly Tony does as well

I said that wrongly, i meant that she implies that all of the top 1% operate via TCH.

But now I know you do, assume Razor does, and one has to expect that Telly Tony does as well

Yes I do. Tony doesn't and she does not say that the top one percent are in the HH. She says only the top % can get in if they want too.

I will tell her to look out for your application...

Yes I do. Tony doesn't and she does not say that the top one percent are in the HH. She says only the top % can get in if they want too.

I will tell her to look out for your application...

Tony would walk in - being in the Top 100.

I might need a bit more practice before maling that call

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back