Boiler instead of AGA for hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone advise on this please.
Currently the oil AGA heats the hot water and the oil WB Danesmoor 15-19KW heats the 11 rads.
8x 400mm long doubles and 3x small 300mm long doubles.

From what I have read it would not be too difficult to plumb the HW into the boiler and have the AGA just for cooking.

And the pipes would have to go out of one bedroom entrance across the landing and into a storage area then drop down to the utility room where the boiler is. So about 10 feet

Considerations:
1. Is this boiler big enough for the 35 gall HW tank? Or where do you find out or do the calcs?

2. Not sure how a 3 way Z valve is connected. There is a 7 day programmable timer on the boiler which has settings for hot water and central heating so the Z valve has to be linked electrically to the timer, I think.

3. Do not know which make of Z valve is the most appropriate? Honeywell?

4.The AGA is on 28mm and the boiler on 22mm, do I remove the 28mm or just sleeve it down. It is a high scale area adjacent to a Limestone ridge so the pipes maybe furred up with scale.

5. I think I need a bleed valve on the top of the HW cyl feed to bleed off any air.

Sponsored Links
before ripping out pipes you need to check that your model Aga can be run as a cooker only ie: without water in jacket. For exact answer ring Aga with model/serial number and get it from horses mouth.
They split/crack go bang if supposed to have heat dump scource and run dry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back