Boiler Insurance?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I struggle to get GS engineers in my area, I'm mulling over taking out insurance.

Pros and cons and recommendations?

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
I would have thought you’d be even less likely to get a GS engineer out on the rates they are paid by insurance companies and if they are the sort of tradesmen that will work for less than others, those that do come out might not be that good. Just my opinion though.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thank you . I'll look at Baxi's own plan.

My house insurance has emergency boiler cover, but it's a real minefield.

To be honest I'd rather pay a good GS locally, but been let down too many times.

Thank you . I'll look at Baxi's own plan.

My house insurance has emergency boiler cover, but it's a real minefield.

To be honest I'd rather pay a good GS locally, but been let down too many times.
totally agree best way to go, if you say where in the country you live maybe someone on here can recommend someone, failing that Manu if Baxi

Sorry too far out for me, love the area, not sure if @Madrab covers that far or could recommend someone he knows, I used to go as far as Campbelltown , but sadly dont work for that manu anymore, always enoyed my drive out there if they could get enough work to make it worth my while

Thanks Everyone.

Unfortunately the bars-stewards in Baxi wont cover my post code, so I'm kinda buggered!

I've taken out home emergency cover on my home insurance and I'll eventually find someone to service it in order to keep it legal for the insurance.

So if you every consider buying a Baxi/Potterton product, just check the after warranty cover - its very, very restricted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back