Boiler keeps cutting out please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mexico Super2 CF40 stand alone boiler which keeps cutting out and won't stay on and I would be grateful for any advice
Tried turning pilot out and restarting and also checked thermostat seems ok
Any advice appreciated
Thanks
Pete

Sponsored Links
Had a similar problem with a gloworm boiler turned out to be that the condensation drainage tube had frozen so the tube had filled with water instead of draining away. As soon as the boiler fired up it immediately shut itself down again Clearing the tube cured the issue.

The boiler isn't a condenser, when is it cutting out, do you mean the pilot is going out or the main burner?

Sponsored Links
Tell more about the symptoms( any heat, hot water at all) and the type of system you have. Little to go on.

when main burner comes on heats tap water and heats radiators for short time then cuts off

Sounds like a pump/flow problem!

Does the outlet flow pipe get hot and the return stay rather cooler?

Tony Glazier

I agree with Tony. Sounds to me as though the boiler is working correctly and only 'cutting out' once fully hot. This is probably an old-style system where the hot water heats up by natural convection circulation, implied by the fact the hot water still works.

The rads on the other hand are fed by the pump and this will almost certainly not be running. The task is to find out why not. Usually a jammed or failed pump but it could be absence of electricity. Is the programmer set correctly and the room stat turned UP? Try giving the pump sharp whack!

OR...

You have a fully pumped system with a diverter valve and the motor in the diverter valve has failed.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back