Boiler keeps stopping & starting every 30 seconds or so

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Siuprima 30 boiler, it keeps stopping and starting every 30 seconds or so, radiators not heating properly and very little hot water. The boiler has had a new fan fitted 3 weeks ago and a new control panel about 3 months ago.

Would anybody have any idea what may be causing this?

The same guy, fitted the control panel and fan, but won't now return my calls :mad:

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Depends really... Is the red lock-out indicator illuminating during the process???

Sounds like either your mid-position actuator is jamming and not motoring fully over...... or an air lock, possibly a choked cold feed if it is on an open vented system (though this is unlikely....)

Martin

Its not an immediately obvious cause but is quite likely to be gas/combustion related and we cannot advise DIY repairs on gas.

The obvious advice would be to get whoever replaced the fan to come and see it as the immediate thought would be that he did not diagnose or fix the problem properly. But it could also be an unconnected different fault.

Tony

Sponsored Links
it would run for longer than 30 secs if the pump was at fault..... would be pretty noisy too..... suppose the venturi could be partially blocked, but still reckon the mid-pos valve (or zone valve) is most likely....

Martin

could be a hole in the inner flue causing vitiation within the combustion chamber - id get someone out pronto and leave it off

Indeed... However, I have in the past come across faulty motorised valves, where the syncron is beginning to sieze up to the extent that the end-switch makes and then drops out repeatedly.....

Just a thought

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back