Boiler Kettling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just been told by British Gas who service my boilder that there is kettling. They say this is in a part which is sealed and they cannot access. They are trying to flog me a new boiler. Is there a way this can be fixed without buying a new boiler. The boilder is a Kingfisher RS50. I think this is made by Potterton. Thanks anyone who can help

Sponsored Links
fernox make a product called noise reducer you pump it into the system through and air vent, firstly close both radiator valves and crack a joint of one of the valves to the radiator placing a bowl or tub of some form to catch the water ( I found an old ice cream container very usefull for this) and have a bucket to empty it into Open the air vent this will allow water to escape from the radiator you dont need to empty it all just a little more than is in the tube leave the joint dripping slightly injected contents of tube into radiator close vent tighten joint re-open valves turn on system and let the stuff do its job, you do not need to remove it either

by all means use "noise silencer" but use "F3 cleaner" first followed by "protector".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back