Boiler Leak Fixed Itself? Boiler Kettling X800?

arh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 637 system boiler.
I was getting some kettling so I decided to drain the boiler and refill to see if this would help by removing some dirt out of the system. I did the drain but when I tried to fill the system up I noticed that water was running down the black rubber pipe on the left side of the boiler. As this time the heating drain was open.

I called out a plumber that could not find any leak - he filled the system and it appears to be working well. There does not appear to be any kettling yet.
I do not understand why it was leaking and why it has suddenly stopped. Could having the drain open cause the issue?

I am looking at adding Sentinel X800 to give the system and boiler a clean and will leave this in for 24 hours. Is it worth doing this or could it cause more issues? Is this product safe to use?

I have 2 radiators that are not getting that hot so I was thinking to removing them and giving them a wash with a hose.

I will then fill and drain twice then finally add some X100 inhibitor. Is it also worth adding the X200 to help with the boiler kettling?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Are you on about the black rubber hose inside the boiler?

Sponsored Links
If you are not familiar with using X800 I would use something milder the X800 can be very aggressive if not properly flushed out before adding inhibitor, the X800 is more suted for use with a powerflush machine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back