Boiler leak FOUND

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have found the leak on my system and it was in the boiler all the time.

I didn't spot any water due to the rubbish and clutter underneath it.

So in the pic the copper pipe on the right is next to a unit with the 3 coloured wires coming out of it. On the underside of this piece is the drip.

Anyone know what this is ?

View media item 87932

Sponsored Links
thanks.

This DV is now 8 yrs old. Do they normally last this long or has it worn out a bit early.

All depends how dirty your system is , but 8 years is good ...
Plenty on eBay if your having a bash , if it's got rubber hoses you might want to check them aswell, if your not confident get a gas bod in ...

Sponsored Links
I have a guy coming to do it, but i will get the part. £126 inc vat.

My system is pretty clean and i have a filter on it.

Is the fault caused by rubber in the valve wearing down then ?

I hate it when the customer supplies the part. but u will expect warrants etc.
We supply an fit £220 plus vat . Trust ur engineer .

I usually get the parts and no one seems to mind. I am in the trades so know how it all works and if the part failed i wouldnt blame the engineer.

£264 to change a diverter valve is very high. Vaillant's direct price was less than that.

Correct but we are very very busy, we look after our customers far better than vaillant. I do see your point tho, u will save money an if u hav a good heating engineer willing to do that then fair play. The way things go now people value service at a fair price, to many rogues about

• Thanks
Reactions: DH6

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back