Baxi Main Combi Boilr He 30 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

in need of some help with pressure loss in my boiler. The boiler is about 8 months old and all the pipe work is new as well. The boiler has been working fine for 6 months without any problems. Recently i have noticed a drop in pressure from 2 bars all the way down to 0. this drop in pressure happens over the course of about 2 days and i have to refill the boiler to increase the pressure.

I think i have found the leak, which is in the boiler. I have 2 waste pipes from the boiler. The First is a copper pipe which is fixed to the boiler and runs to a plastic waste pipe. this pipe is at the rear of the underside of the boiler.
The 2nd waste pipe is on the front right of the underside of the boiler and is a plastic tube that goes to the same plastic waste pipe.

What i have found and understand is that the copper pipe is a safety pressure release valve. Is this correct?

However, the 2nd waste pipe has a continual drip, but recently this drip has been a lot more than it use to be, about a cup or more every 2 days. I assume this is the cause of my pressure drop, but how can this be resolved. Is it normal, is there excess water leaking, but basically is there a problem with the boiler as it seem to be causing the pressure drop through this waste pipe.

Stuart

Sponsored Links
The second 'waste' as you call it, will be the condense pipe. This is meant to drip or even at times will have water running out of it as the boiler is running and condensing.

Sounds like you need to look elsewhere for your 'leak'.

Isolate the boiler from the heating system using the valves under it. Pressurise it and then leave it off for as long as possible.

If the pressure drops while isolated it is a leak on the system side of the boiler. If it doesn't drop, but then does when you open the isolating valves, it is a leak on the system somewhere.

was the system cleaned on installation and how and what was used.
drain boiler remove pipes into secondary heat exchanger and check if there is a white greasy type sediment this will be self cleaning flux that has not been cleaned out of system.
remove tube from fan into secondary heat exchanger and inspect inside look for drips or scale between grooves.
If you find the above the secondary heat exchanger has holed from self cleaning flux.
new heat ex approx £60 + a good power flush

hope the above helps

steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back