Pipe from pressure release valve on a combi

The Building Regulations require that you have a condensing boiler installed unless you score 1000 points on an exemption assessment. This has presumably not been done, or you would have seen a copy. There is no obvious practical reason why you shouldn't have a condensing boiler since the condensate drainage and flue plume dispersal are not going to be problems. The installer's quote must be assumed to be for a condensing boiler, since that is what the Building Regulations require.

Sponsored Links
glad its not only me who thinks this installer is doing a dance .

I think a few lessons have been learned .

did the builder organise the gas man ?

Fitter ani`t gonna like it but ring him tell him new bolier HE 35KW as asked for . No joy or more dancing ring CORGI and tell him thats what you are gonna do.

arf

scatmanjohn said:
I would say that you have a point.

He was going to install the 25cdi (greenstar)

So if that was me and someone said that they wanted a 35cdi i would have said "do you mean the 35cdi greenstar sir"

I know what he will say.

You asked for a 35cdi and thats what you have got.

That's basically what he is saying

scatmanjohn said:
Did he not specify the boiler type in the quote.

I still can't get my head round how he has got an exemption certificate when he was going to install a 25 cdi greenstar.

There was no written quote.

I believe if a place qualifies for an exemption then you can install still install a condensing boiler

Sponsored Links
arfurrrr said:
glad its not only me who thinks this installer is doing a dance .

I think a few lessons have been learned .

did the builder organise the gas man ?

Fitter ani`t gonna like it but ring him tell him new bolier HE 35KW as asked for . No joy or more dancing ring CORGI and tell him thats what you are gonna do.

arf

A few lessons certainly have been learnt.

The builder did everything except the gas and electrics which we organised.

I think I will do as suggested and tell the guy to fit the correct boiler as requested. If he says no would CORGI be likely to act if it can be shown he's fitting the wrong boiler?

If he says the house is exempt can I get someone else to look and give their opinion which can be given to CORGI?

Also with the setup of the pipes as shown could the condensate, prv with tundish and washing machine all feed into the same waste pipe as fitting a copper pipe for the prv will not be a trivial matter and as far as I can see will involve digging up the new floor and removing some of the kitchen?

In case it's a matter of potential flow rate down the waste pipe then the current pipe is about 4m long and has 3 90 degree bends and a branch and the cold water tap flows about 17l per minute whcih I presume is the most the prv pipe could flow if it all went wrong. How much can a waste pipe like that flow (I think it's 38mm)?

Thank you again guys, it's nice to be able to speak to people who seem to have some answers.

Cheers

Stu

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back