Boiler leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I intend to replace my Servowarm Supreme boiler but suspect it will take a few weeks to get a new one.

In the meantime, there is water leaking from the boiler. It looks like it's dripping from a gasket. I've tried tightening 2 bolts which hold the casing either side of the gasket together, but it doesn't seem to have helped any.
I suspect that there are another 2 bolts further up. However, the boiler's behind a radiator which is fitted snugly in, and my only access is from below the radiator, so I don't think it'll be possible for me to un-bolt the 2 sections, fit a new gasket and re-bolt.

Is there any solvent sealing material which I can smear around the gasket area to prevent the water from dripping so I can carry on using the boiler whilst I get a replacement?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back