Boiler leaking (condensation)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When we bought our house the lady said the boiler leaks every so often, it never did for us for almost 2 years.

Recently had a blocked cold feed, since that's been fixed, the leak has come back.

It's underneath the boiler towards the external wall. When looking outside at the vent, it drips from there too.

It's a normal non combi boiler.

I was thinking of unscrewing the cover outside and having a look inside. Is this okay to do so? Also around the outside cover is some gray mastic putty stuff.

I will obviously need to re-apply this stuff, but what is it called?

I'm hoping a bit of rubble is in the way or the cavity polerstyrine is in the way and just needs clearing away

Sponsored Links
Boiler make and model always helps when the guys are trying to help.

Is the pipework that you refer to plastic?

where is it leaking from exactly? From the pipe connecting to the boiler.

Sounds like your condensate pipework.

It's an ideal classic something.

It's not leaking from any pipes, just where the vent goes through the wall to outside, then a big square metal cover outside

So are you saying it's leaking from the flue?

Hows the condensate from the boiler run?

Sponsored Links
Yes I believe it's from the flue, guessing there is a join somewhere, which makes it drip inside too.

Looks like back of boiler goes directly outside

Can you post any photos?

I am hoping some of the more experienced members will jump in soon and give definate advice.

Will do, can't on my phone at the moment.

Any idea what the paste around the outside vent is called?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back