leaking boiler condensate trap exhaust hose pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason whilst re-pressurising I decided to move the condensite trap's exhaust hose pipe (outside the boiler), and now the bugger is leaking. I have tried to push it back into place and seal it but it still drips quite a bit. The pipe itself was simply placed over the trap's exhaust tail and wasn't really fixed in with anything. It only leaks when the heating is on.
Is it okay for me to use a jubilee clip to secure and seal the hose pipe to the tail ? Surely, the installer should have secured it properly ? or is this standard practice ?

Sponsored Links
Picture would be helpful ,but no reason why a clip can't be used.

Picture would be helpful ,but no reason why a clip can't be used.
Clip turned out to be a bad idea. The dripping was good, sealing it meant the trap started to fill with water. Turns out the waste exhaust was blocked and this was creating a backlog of water which is what lead to the leak. Fixing the block has resolved the leak. God I hate coincidental issues, nothing worse than looking up the wrong tree.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back