Leak from Condensation Trap - Ideal Isar Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an Ideal Isar boiler and have recently found that what I guess is the Condensation Trap (a white box about 10cm square fixed to the wall with condensation pipe going from the boiler into the top and coming out of the bottom off-set from the pipe above, with a red stopper on the bottom directly under where the pipe from the boiler comes in) is leaking. It seems to be coming from the join between the Condensation Trap to the pipe leading outside, which is a screw thread join.

Problem is that in my infinite wisdom, we had a new kitchen fitted not that long ago and the Condensation Trap and the source of the leak is boxed in and tiled over so its going to be a real pain to take all that off and investigate further. I can't really reach the screw join to see if it can be tightened/see why its leaking. Has anyone got any bright ideas as to how I can avoid ripping apart my kitchen?

I've been able to separate the pipe above the Trap, do you think it would be feasable to re-route the pipe round the exsiting condensate trap and put a new one in beneath the boxed in area? Or should it be possible to lift the Trap out of its casing?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Pete

Sponsored Links
Without seeing exactly the arrangement and how its been boxed in ( contrary to the manufacturer's instructions by the way ) I cannot really comment on what may or may not be possible.

Making any serious modifications might render the boiler potentially unsafe.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back