Trapping condensation on outside of soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a soil vent pipe which is boxed in to the corner of my bathroom. On all but the warmest days condensation runs down the outside of the pipe and drips into the garage below (there is an offset in the pipe so condensation falls off at the bend). I have tried solutions including ventilating the pipe top and bottom, and filling the box with loose insulation or loft insulation but nothing changes. So I'm admitting defeat and want to trap the condensation somehow so I can run it back into the soil pipe. However the only condensation traps I can find online are for internal condensation in air vent systems - is there anything available for external condensation? If not, any ideas please for making something from scratch?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, is 'string' a technical term for something or do you literally mean a pice of string? You're thinking it would soak in and then you could direct a dangly bit to somewhere convenient?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, is 'string' a technical term for something or do you literally mean a pice of string? You're thinking it would soak in and then you could direct a dangly bit to somewhere convenient?
I do simply mean a piece of string - I used to cook in a leaky marquee, and was surprised at how effective it was at directing water where you want it to go...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back