Boiler leaking water Urgent advice needed?

I was just researching and I believe what he put on washers was actually LA-CO Slic tite Heavy duty pipe thread compound. Pot looked identical to this.
Screenshot_20240121_164618.jpg

Is this bad in boiler could it have blocked the mini heat exchanger or DW heat exchange?

Sponsored Links
Just a update and hoping I can get some more advice. In the end it turned out the engineer that first came out broke boiler with what he did.

We had to have a brand new boiler installed.

New Boiler was installed last Thursday and we now have hot water and heating.

But have noticed that hot water flow is still very low and even cold water flow isn't great. Cold water flow was fine before they installed new boiler.

To give you a idea I measured the flow of water coming from kitchen taps this is where mains water comes in to house.

Hot tap is producing 3.6 litres per minute and cold tap is producing 6.2 litres per minute. This seems very low.

I need to measure flow from other taps in house but can say that it takes for ever now to run a bath.

Bath has a mixer tap with shower connected. When I run a bath I can not have hot and cold tap on together to get water to correct temperature.

If I have hot tap on and turn cold tap on even just a tiny bit Water goes cold. So have to run a bath with just hot tap and then add cold water after to cool down to correct temperature.

A shower is out of question as can't have both taps on at same time to get temperature correct.

What could be causing this.

I have noticed that the stop tap under kitchen sink that turns off water to house has started leaking since they installed new boiler.

Discovered this this morning when came downstairs and found water on kitchen floor Infront of kitchen cupboard. Further investigation and I discovered water was coming from stop tap.

It's only a tiny leak, just dripping and have put a tub under it, it's not gushing or spraying or anything, so think it's been leaking since last week and water has built up in cuboard until finally poured out on to floor this morning. I have contacted housing association to get them to send some one out to fix.

Could the leaking stop tap be causing the low water pressure or is it just a coincidence.

I don't know if stop tap is completely open, I don't want to touch incase it makes leak worse.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks in advance

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Show us a picture of the stopcock indicating where exactly it leaks from.
Opening the stopcock fully would likely increase the flow from taps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back