boiler location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to relocate the boiler to one part of the garage (later to be converted as the entrance hall). Current location of the boiler is in the kitchen also same side as the bathroom. The future location in the garage will be the opposite wall of the house. Is that of a concern in terms of getting the hot water into the bathroom and kitchen? (future kitchen/diner may be relocated into the remaining part of the converted garage, and the loft conversion will have an en-suite on the side of the garage too...)

Sponsored Links
I would go through that wall then under that floor over the far wall and drop in a trunking.
Hope this helps.
Some pictures or drawings may help.
Jeff

I have attached a floorplan. I would like to get the boiler out of the kitchen and relocate it to the garage which will be the future entrance hall. The issue is, the boiler is currently on the right hand side of the house, same side as the kitchen, downstairs utility, first floor bathroom and en-suite. If I was to relocate the boiler into garage, they all end up on the opposite side compared to the boiler.
We might convert the attic with an en-suite which would be on the left hand side, over bedroom 2,3.
Having the boiler relocated to the left side of the house would not be an issue for the boiler to feed kitchen+utility+bathroom+1st floor en-suite? Longer delays for hot water or not so bad? Would this make the boiler inefficient? I don't mind the extra 5sec wait and the £20 year extra...
It certainly would be more practical for me to have it out of the way in a cupboard in the entrance rather than building the kitchen around it.
The plumber would came around recommends to leave it in its current location.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back