Boiler loosing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a ravenheat csi85 t combi boiler which is slowly loosing pressure. When cold the pressure is around 1, when hot it goes up to 2.5. There is a small trickle of water from the pressure relief outflow. There is also a small amount of water coming from the auto-air vent. I assume I need to check the expansion vessel and change the prv valve but not sure why water is coming from the auto-air vent. I have recently spent money on the boiler and had it 'serviced' and I'm annoyed that the engineer hasn't actually serviced it at all! Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If was done recently I'd get them back. Checking and recharging an expansion vessel is part of a service. The PRV may need replacing. If not get someone else out to do it.

If was done recently I'd get them back. Checking and recharging an expansion vessel is part of a service. The PRV may need replacing. If not get someone else out to do it.
Just out of curiosity do you charge a expansion vessel with a normal pump (with an attached gauge ) or do you use a specific plumbers tool?

Thanks for the prompt reply. What would cause water to come out of the auto-air vent and should I get it replaced?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the prompt reply. What would cause water to come out of the auto-air vent and should I get it replaced?
The float inside will be crudded up so it doesnt close off properly and yes the AAV will need replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back