Baxi 105he Instant pressure loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New member here! Had pressure loss problems on Baxi 105he instant for months now. Boiler approx 2 1/2 years old. Have checked CH system and no leaks. Have repressurised pressure vessel and still getting pressure loss - down from 1 bar to under 0.5 bar in 3 weeks.

Looked at forums and seems I have a pressure vessel/ prv problem. Will need to get a CORGI guy out.

Is it best to replace the pressure vessel and the pressure relief valve at same time, or just the prv and see what happens?

Any ideas of part numbers and costs of vessel (with auto air vent if possible) and prv?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes - for HW and for CH. With CH, pressure drops back pretty quickly once room thermostat switches off. I also get a bit of a noise as the divertor valve switches from HW to CH, though the seals were replaced last year.

Sponsored Links
On CH, it gets up to around 2 bar (starting at 0.5 bar). On HW, looking at it, it decreases to 0 Bar as soon as I run a hot tap, and goes back to 0.5 bar when the overrun cuts out. It has always dropped temporarily on HW, but I thought that was normal! Appreciate your help.

I`ll ask the bleeding obvious is the discharge pipe dripping outside.

What do i know

Been outside to check. No drips on HW. On CH, pipe drips between 0.5 bar and 1.0 bar, then drips seem to slow down above 1.0 bar

Yes, from the discharge pipe at certain pressures. New Pressure relief valve needed?

but they dont make any sense?

The pressure relief valve should open at 3 bar, and if its dripping at .5 why would it stop at 1 bar.

is the dripping defo coming from a pipe that is outside??

I didn't think it made any sense either. Defo drips from a pipe outside that is connected to the PRV on the boiler and then goes outside. Have just run it again on CH - drips start at 0.7bar. Replace PRV and see what happens?

Done some more checks. Drips outside are NOT from PRV (have isolated pipework). Drips are from condensate drain, which joins with PRV pipework outside. PRV is fine at 2 bar - NO drips. Should have noticed, sorry

Does this mean its a pressure vessel problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back