boiler losing pressure when i turn hot water on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,
ive just moved into a flat and the following starting occuring with my boiler..its a condensor type combi:
1-firstly...it started tripping for flame failure, i check the spark etc all was ok...it would fire up..run for a bit then the flames would die off..this wud then start the sparks going..nothing would light and it would trip!...this happened for about 3 days..with me constantly resetting the trip...then since then its been ok....
2- have noticed 2 radiators with no thermostatic valve ???which i found in a draw...but also found radiators cold at bottom and hot at top..and some not working at all......removed the thermstatic valve form the ones not working..and they sprung into life!!!...so now i know why some had been removed before!!! but other still hot at top..cold at bottom.
3- im losing pressure in the system..but cant see any leaks...going down to half a bar!..but heres the clincher which i dont get..WHEN AT HALF BAR......IF I OPEN THE HOT WATER TAP..THE CH PRESSURE GAUGE DROPS TO ZERO!!!I STOP THE WATER AND IT GOES BACK TO HALF BAR.

WOTS IS GOING ON??????please can anyone help?
cheers
pete

Sponsored Links
Sludge?

Lack of servicing?

Boiler make and model?

Any chance of some grammatical clarity?

Ignore point 3 - it is a symptom of your main problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back