Boiler losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a ground floor flat about a year ago. Recently my boiler pressure has been going down quite a lot and I have had to re-pressurise it at least once a week. I called a plumber over yesterday and I found him unhelpful and rude but he did say something that has sat on my mind. He said I need a condenser pipe on the outer building. I don't have one there and I'm not sure if mine is near the sink. He also said I need a safety vent pipe. I have the flute. I don't want to break any law but I'm quite confused and lost because no one has ever told me this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
firstly may I say ,you need to provide more info and preferably pics of boiler and pipework , make and model details , before you can have any meaningful responses. having said that you seem to have an issue re:- boiler loosing pressure , did your guy resolve that problem ? with regard to the condensate pipework ( white plastic ) it does not have to go outside directly ,and it can be plumbed internally to your waste pipe work . the safety vent pipe needs more clarification , he may be referring to the pressure relief pipework from the boiler ???

Hi Maryam. I would have thought that the plumber would have rectified any issues that he raised. As terry said the condense doesn't have to be outside and can be plumbed internally. More importantly the safety vent pipe would be connected to the pressure relief valve on the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back