boiler makes gurgling and clanging noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a ravenheat combi boiler, it has been fitted over a year but only been on a few times but quite often when it is used it starts to make gurgling and clanging noises and i can hear air bubble like noises coming from the boiler, the noises are quite loud like boiler is really struggling but when i turn hot water on it seems to cure for a while, i also have low water pressure coming into the property, dont know if this may affect it, any help or ideas please, thanks

Sponsored Links
check the boiler pressure , it should be around 1 bar if not top it up through the filling link to about 1.5bar and then bleed your radiators , it sound like air in the system. when your done recheck pressure and top up if needed.

should it be 1 bar when the system is turned off, i have it on now and it is reading 1 notch over 1.5 bar thanks

the pressure should be just over 1 bar when cold, as it heats up the pressure increases hence the increase you have now, it could go as high as 2 and a bit. but will not go over 3 as there is a pressure relief valve on it that blows at 3bar. it coud be that it is doing this when its on, there should be a pipe outside coming from the boiler , normally a 15mm copper pipe bent back facing the wall. check if that is dripping. if it is then the PRV may need changing.

Sponsored Links
mr kev plumb, u followin me? lol
i said "check" pressure and "if not around 1bar" then top it up.

if he got a small leak and not used that often the pressure could have dropped.

wait till you have a few posts in then you will learn

first unofficial rule of this forum ;)

this is the bit where you ask "what"

never assume :LOL:

Go and ask for a tyre for a Ford without mentioning the model and they will look at you oddly.

Same with boilers! Not all Ravens are the same.

Ton

i aint never seen a combi without a pressure dial. dont they all have one same principle as a ford having a tyre.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back