boiler noise again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a glowworm compact 80 combi boiler had a new fan fitted last week now when the heating been on for a while the boiler is making a loud rattling noise but its intermitent any ideas what it could be before i ring bg up again many thnxs

Sponsored Links
more of a vibrating rattling noise im only asking as ive got the heating on and the noise is worrying me

Case resonating???

Thumping each side of the casing make any difference???

Tony

thanxs for reply agile but ive felt case and thats not vibrating

Sponsored Links
been stood listening to it and it seems to make noise just before it cuts out as in firing up and of

are you sure you have'nt got air trapped in the pump - best way is to slightly undo the slotted srew in the middle of the pump - if air is trapped it will escape - do this till no air is noticed - tighten up and fill the boiler again.

i havnt got a clue how to do it ive got bg coming out on tuesday

we have 2 pipes that run straight down the side of the boiler and into the kitchen these has started to make a vibrating noise when the boiler is heating up now and again can this be caused by the casing rattling as they do touch the boiler slightly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back