Boiler noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wall mounted Boiler in the kitchen has this sound like falling water coming out of the pipework above it. I presume there is air going thru it somehow. Very noisy when boiler stops burning.

Any ideas or cures

Sponsored Links
It's air, but first look at the third post at the top of the forum and answer the questions.

Righty ho!

I have a Potterton Nettaheat Electronic Gas boiler on the Utility room wall. boiler is 12 years old. Two pipe come from top of boiler into ceiling above

I have just knocked the kitchen joining wall out into the utility room so the noise is noticeable

The noise is only noticeable when the boiler stops burning and sounds like water falling. Been doing it over a year.

The household water gets nice and hot and I have noticed the radiators get warm/hot now even with the heating off.

Sounds like your boiler stat maybe not working properly and allowing boiler to get too hot and when the pump turns off there is too much heat left in the boiler causing noise as it trys to get away.

Sponsored Links
If the flow of water through the boiler is insufficient, then the boiler can be noisy. It is very important to have the correct water flow rate, especially in wall-hung boilers. Steam bubbles can cause hot spots in the boiler, which can produce loud bangs. The cause is usually due to corrosion and scale forming in the boiler. Add non-acidic cleanser plus a de-scaler .to the feed and expansion tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back