boiler non-return valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is posted in the wrong area!!

Just had a plumber out after drilling through a water pipe :oops:

He informed that the non return valve on the boiler was the wrong way round and mentioned backflow contamination......

As this is a new build I obviously want to raise this with the builder. Please could someone inform what the hazards/dangers of backflow contamination are??

Any help much appreciated

:D

Sponsored Links
Sorry Kevplumb, not up on this sort of thing - do u mean the shower water has been running into the tap water??? :confused:

Thanks for yr response all the same

:D

no not saying it has

but it could hence "backflow" :idea:

add to that would you want the water in your rads in your taps

just read your post again

He informed that the non return valve on the boiler was the wrong way round and mentioned backflow contamination......

if the nrv was the wrong way round how do you get any system pressure

or how do you fill the system

methinks somebody is talkin buffalo chips :idea:

Sponsored Links
hmm double check vavle wrong way round trust me you would off known about it as some thing would not work
are sure he`s not on about isolation vavle :?:
if not he`s conning you

He might mean the nrv is on the boiler side rather than on the mains water side.

Thanks for yr comments, just double checked the notes I wrote - he said the valve, when open should have nothing coming out - but clearly did and mentioned NRV, said it had arrow on and the arrow was facing forwards....

He was coming about the hole I drilled :oops: , made no money from the boiler, just whilst he was refilling boiler, this was an observation.

Thanks tho, comments much appreciated :D

Oh and adlplumbing, yes the isolation valve dodgy too, but thats on different pipe, dont know if its normal format, but looking at the boiler the isolation valve on the right, the valve under question on the left, when filling with filling up loop...........???

All this might make a bit more sense, since we are talking about a boiler, if we knew what make & model it was.

If we are talking non return valves on filling loop then if it was the wrong way round the system would never fill!!

Since references are made to both NRV and Isolation Valve then maybe original poster has been told they are in reversed positions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back