Boiler not firing for CH - duff roomstat? Theben Ramses 811

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am having issues with getting my ancient (Gloworm Fuelsaver F) conventional boiler to fire up for central heating. When the room stat - (a Theben Ramses 811 top1) has been turned up and heard the audible 'click' the boiler does nothing. DHW is running fine and the tank thermostat fires the boiler fine.

I initially thought I had a faulty programmer (an original Drayton Switchmaster 805) which I have now replaced with a Drayton LP241. The programmer seems to work fine, I can turn HW heating on/off via the programmer fine.

The room stat has a 2-wires connected so I'm hoping to find a cheap compatible replacement.

The manual for the current room stat is
http://www.theben.de/var/theben/sto...instructions_RAMSES811top_RAMSES812top_en.PDF

Any help would be very much appreciated. Is it possible to override the room stat and force CH 'on'?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
As an aside, I noticed that when the boiler is on for HW heating the radiators warm up - is this the norm?

Connect both wires together at the room stat. This should mean the CH will be on constantly and will confirm if the stat is at fault.

Many thanks for the quick reply :)

Ok, done that - still nothing from the boiler...

Sponsored Links
Motorised valve looks to be most likely suspect.

Kinda rules out the room stat. Do you have any motorised valves?

Hi, yes there is a motorised valve in the airing cupboard. The lever seems to be in the 'auto' position. It moves very freely up/down with no audible click or any change from the boiler end.

Here's a (bad) photo :

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back