Boiler not firing, no H/W or C/H

Ok. FCU to boiler on. Water and CH set to constant.

At Boiler:
230v between ON and Live.
0v between ON and Neutral.
0v between ON and Earth.

then you don't have a demand at the boiler then
the fault lies with the external controls

Matt

Sponsored Links
The SL from room stat goes to the 10 way j/box. it is connected in the connector strip with the white cable from the sundial Y diverter.

Sponsored Links
The SL from room stat goes to the 10 way j/box. it is connected in the connector strip with the white cable from the sundial Y diverter.

This is your reference point !! I would rest here for a while.
If you measure between this connection and neutral you should have 220 v when the room stat is turned up and 0v when the room stat is turned down.
When the room stat is turned up and you have 220v, as described, then the diverter valve should activate. Can you hear it moving ? Only when the actuator on the diverter valve moves to the correct position will it hit the microswitch which will then send mains to the 'On' terminal of the boiler.
It is sounding like the actuator is faulty. (IMHO)

andytw

Re my earlier post.

orange and white wires are found on the mid-pos valve
mid position valve wiring. CH turned on

White wire to earth/neutral (230v) indicates heating demand to valve
Orange wire to earth/neutral (230v) indicates power to pump/boiler

Re my earlier post.

So if you go back to the boiler you should have two "lives" now going into the boiler wiring terminal one from the spur to power boiler/programmer and one switched to fire it up

Re my earlier post.

Done as above.

White - earth = 230v
Orange - earth = 0v

Problem located.

its the Sundial Y Diverter.

I took the cover off and had a poke about with the actual mechanism and it appears like it has stuck. with a screwdriver placed on the actual mechanism i am able to give it a little flick and the biler and pump fire up.

Is it possible to change parts or am i looking at a new diverter? ref is Honeywell V4073A

ok. I have a plumber coming tomorrow to look at it. I will call him in the morning to see if he can replace parts rather then the whole thing.

You can buy other makes that are interchangeable with the Honeywell. My advice is don't go there, make sure the new one has Honeywell written on it.
You just need the actuator replacing. It is actually quite a straightforward D-I-Y job.

andytw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back