Boiler not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Potterton profile not firing if I blow down pressure switch tube it fires up and can hear switch clicking checked tubes ok fan ok tried old pressure switch but same any ideas[/url]

Sponsored Links
We dont give advice on gas/safety issues on this public forum.

The advice would be to get a competent registered boiler engineer.

Tony

All the Potty Profiles that I see are operating on gas!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Silverfox,Your boiler has a pressurised combustion chamber and therefore should only be opened by a competent engineer.These boilers are easy to fix but not a DIY job.I hope that provides a better explanation as to why no one will tell you how to fix it. Good luck.

Potterton profile not firing if I blow down pressure switch tube it fires up and can hear switch clicking checked tubes ok fan ok tried old pressure switch but same any ideas[/url]

As you have already had the cover off and figured it out why ask?

They won't run without the case on - because the air pressure can't build up.

Doh.....he knew that already......thats why he came on here and asked.....lol

Is it just me or are more and more try on's asking for help/confirmation/fishing,on gas/safety specific info on this forum? His 'i'll let you know how i get on' comment says it all.

:cry:

THe Old Netaqheat's wouldn't run with the front off - which was a pain in the a**e when you were trying to fault find on em :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back