boiler not kicking in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all. just noticed this week my boilers burner is not firing up. last night we had the central heating on and after a short time the rads where only warmish. i can here the thermostatic valve moving so thats ok. the controller is asking for hot water but the burner is not kicking up same as when i try thr heating any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Could you start your post again but this time in concise English?

i.e. Make Model of Boiler?
If rads are "warmish" how warm is that, what caused them to get warm if the burner is not firing? does the burner fire for Hot water?
is the boiler oil or gas fired?
any info would help! ;)

sorry about that. ok its a myson economist boiler. the radiators where hot ok as normal but i noticed the bolier was not kicking in every so often as it usually does. today the wife said that the hot water was not very hot and when i try to turn the hot water or heating on the burner will not fire up

Sponsored Links
ok tried this morning, the boiler stat is working the controller is working. the boiler kicks up (noise like its on) but the boiler burner will not ignite. pilot light is lit thermo 3 way valve is turning (i canhear it) help please

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back