Boiler Not Responding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We bought our property nearly a month ago and inherited a Heatline Vizo which had apparently been serviced a year ago.

Since we've moved in we've had no problem with the boiler/central heating/hot water. Everything seemed to be working swimmingly...until this morning.

We came down to find nothing working. There was a light flashing on the dash board and after a bit of reading we realised this was indicating low pressure. The pressure gauge was at 1 so we added pressure until it was 1.5. This made the indicator light switch off and we thought we had rectified the problem, but we can't seem to get the boiler to ignite again. According to the Heatline instructions you reset the boiler and it should reignite but nothing.

Can anyone shed any light? Are we being really silly first time buyers and missing an obvious 'ignite' switch on the boiler?

One more thing, when trying to fix the problem some more :eek: my boyfriend managed to up the pressure some more to 2 (cold). I know this is too high and went around bleeding the radiators in an attempt to release some pressure but it hasnt seemed to work. Has he caused an additional problem?

Thanks in advance.

anahavana

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if your system is dirty and the pressure gauge is registering wrongly.

You could check that by letting the water pressure out and seeing if the gauge goes down to zero as it should.

I expect an overheat protection device inside has operated but this will need an engineer to sort it out.

Tony

It sounds as if your system is dirty and the pressure gauge is registering wrongly.

You could check that by letting the water pressure out and seeing if the gauge goes down to zero as it should.

I expect an overheat protection device inside has operated but this will need an engineer to sort it out.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info Tony. We have an engineer coming out tomorrow so will make sure to mention this to him and hopefully it will be able to be fixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back