Vizo boiler error code already?

What decent installer installs the wrong flue to a boiler regardless of the running about that might involve?

The installer has caused all of this and that should be a lesson to all of us.

Tony.

Sponsored Links
I fitted a heatline plus about 4 month ago and the customer had asked for boiler and flue at B+q, they gave him the only heatline flue in the shop which was the B rated .B+Q should be banned from selling these products if they dont know the dangers involved in selling non compatible gas products. By the way , that viso plus showed the f4 problem and that was one of the connections on the board come loose.

The installer has installed the wrong type of flue!

That is a wrong thing to do and he should correct this at no cost to yourself and currently you could complain to CORGI and they would serve a defects notice.

However, as you had supplied the wrong part, he was rather doing a favour in getting something that would fit although this has backfired on him now. It is still professionally his responsibility to fit the correct manufacturer's part.

Many CORGIs are not happy that B&Q will sell boilers to anyone who does not have the required level of knowledge to know exactly what is required. Since many people fit these boilers themselves that can end up with a dangerous installation.

I suspect that he is a less competent installer otherwise he would have been able to diagnose the fault on your boiler and probably to fix it himself. Many installers do not develop skills at repairing boilers

We charge the same price of £840 to install a Vaillant or a Vizo but no one is going to buy a £399 Vizo and pay £840 to have it installed. Cheapo for cheapo! We will also fit boilers supplied by the customer as we do not add any profit margin when we supply them apart from £10 for transportation.

I strongly believe the Heatline to be a well made boiler which is capable of good service but that is only IF they are correctly installed.

The flue is probably totally satisfactory but you must understand that for commercial reasons the manufacturers expect you to buy their flue to fit onto their boilers. Only then can they take responsibility for the safe and correct operation as obviously the boiler and flue have to operate together.

Tony

the classic heatline wrong flue is when a biasi flue is used.

about 1 out of 30 i find has the wrong flue fitted. the B rated vizo's uses a all metal flue but you can get a A rated biasi flue which has a inner plastic tube which "fits" :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
They are on the same B&Q shelf !

Interesting how Vizo get away with a metal flue while Biasi have a proper condensate resistant plastic flue!

Vaillant used metal flue parts on their early condensing boilers and after a few years they all corroded away!

Tony

Any metal flue designed for condensers are a lot thicker metal than normal flues , its experience and knowledge that seperate those who know and those who should know and those who aint got a clue.

Hi,

I have the "F4" fault on my Vizo plus 24 boiler. I looked inside the trap and the sensor (well 2 screws..) were wet. I have now dried them off and the "F4" fault still remains. Is there anything I need to do to reset the fault condition?

put the ch/dhw selector knob to zero then to ch and back to zero quickly 4 times. it will try again 3 times to light before it goes back to f4. you will be able to tell that it is trying

Thanks Mehran. This has fixed the problem and I now have the hot water back.. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back