boiler not starting

mtm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Worcester greenstar camray boiler. Has been working fine but noticed air circulating around the system. I knew I needed to bleed radiators and probably top the system up with water. Today the system failed to start and sure enough no pressure on the gauge so assume cut out because of this. I topped up pressure to just over 1 bar and vented the radiators. The boiler wont start. There is no reset button on the boiler and the burner has not locked out so I am now lost as to what could be the problem. Ideas welcome please.

Sponsored Links
Try topping it up a bit more. Not sure on your model but some incorperate a pressure switch that sometimes gets a bit of crud in them.

There is a reset button on the underside of the front panel

Sponsored Links
I cant find the reset, but switched the time cock to hot water and the boiler fired. So I replaced the room thermostat and still no central heating. Now really confused.

Wont need resetting if the hw works. Probably is stat or timeclock related. Contact on heating selecter could be faulty, try switching between heating/hw a few times.

Attachments

• IMG_6497.PNG
    IMG_6497.PNG
    284 KB · Views: 97
Ignore the image, it wont delete ???

yes pump is running so agree it may be time clock related. Strange though as all was fine until the low pressure issue today. Guessing I need to replace the time clock next

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back